I wish to be up where steeples are as cold
as gasses drifting off silvery steel fuselages.
I see Cape Canaveral and lift-off, but also
city spires.
You'd have the vantage, if you cared... and
who could argue the poetics? Churches? Rockets? Vapor?
I'm half serious here and not sure about the other half.
Maybe it just seems nice and fresh.
It could all be wonderful in a thousand ways we can't imagine.
Isn't that what we hope?
Isn't that how we cope?
And couldn't we do without the Pope?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is beautiful and profound (except the last line, to which my answer would be "yes" of course, but which doesn't deserve a place in these musings). I particularly like the image of "cold as gasses drifting of silvewry stell fuselages."
ReplyDeleteIgnoring the massive typo disaster of your comment, maybe you're right about the last line. Oh well.
ReplyDeleteOMG! The language Nazi didn't proof read his own entry. How embarrassing!
ReplyDelete