The woman (I think) in the room next to mine in this hospital has an artificial voice thing that makes her sound like a robot, which makes all her chatter sound like R2D2 playing a theramin. Meanwhile, inside my eyelids and perhaps yours as well, a vivid Southeast Asian village scene in oranges and thick, black lines on beaten bark cloth glows through the smoke like monochromatic stained glass.
That was this morning. Now other scenes have come and gone both in the hospital reality and in Eyelid Theater.
I'm here because a terrible edema in my feet and lower legs was making life miserable and getting worse. I was anemic with low blood counts for platelets as well, and could hardly move from fatigue. I got a blood transfusion (it felt like a blood crucifixion).
That's the awfullest part of the news. I expect to be going home tomorrow. Yay! The question remains though: is all's well that ends well? Or rather, if conception is the beginning of life, is deception the end of it?
La signora che occupa la stanza accanta alla mia in quest'ospedale ha una voce artificiale - un attrezzo che la fa sembrare una R2D2 (Guerre Stellari) che suona il theramin. Nel frattempo, sulla superfice interiore delle mie palpebre e forse sul dentro delle tue, un villaggio bellissimo spunta fuori in colori tipo arancione acceso delineato con delle strisce nere dense sulla corteccia battuta dell'albero che brilla come vetro colorato monocromatico.
E' successo stamattina. Ora altre scene sono venute e andate sia nell'ospedale che sullo 'schermo' del Teatro Palpebre.
Sono qui' perché' un forte edema ai piedi e alle gambe faceva difficile la vita e stava peggiorando. Ero anemico con i valori del sangue bassi e così' stanco da non potermi muovere, quasi. Mi hanno fatto una trasfusione di sangue (era piu' come una crocefissione di sangue.)
Questa e' la parte della novità' più terribile. Spero' di tornare a casa domani. Yahoo! La domanda rimane, pero': E' "Tutto Bene che Finisce Bene?" Oppure, se la concezione segna l'inizio della vita, e' l'illusione che ne segna la fine?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay! is right about going home. That will do nothing but good for you and your spirits.
ReplyDeleteche visioni spettacolari!
ReplyDeleteo forse stai solo vedendo la vera realtà e tutto il resto della vita è pura illusione..?!
I'm happy you're back home, but still hate that you have to go through all of this. It is not only you who feel so helpless in the face of this tsoris.
ReplyDeleteI hate that I have to go through all of this, too. Thing is, I don't. Today the housekeeper told me she doesn't understand why I do it, that she wouldn't have the "will power". But it's not will. Much of the time, apart from a background drowsiness, I feel rather normal. I even like my new baldness. A couple of days ago I might have voted for the abyss, as I was hellishly miserable. Here at home, though, is this intoxicatingly beautiful garden, and I don't want to miss anything.
ReplyDelete