Sunday, April 4, 2010

Coming and going

Just had a dose of Baja earthquake. Good for Easter. I felt it while lying in the studio on an air mattress. This has been a whole shaky day, with pain and fatigue coming and going. It really has to do with moving around. As long as I stay stationary, almost no pain. We tried to take an easy stroll at Forest Lawn (Glendale) Cemetery but it got to be too much. The views from there are wonderful on a clear day, by the way, in case you've never been to the Disneyland of the Dead.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dan,

    I am now one of your "followers". This allows me to study your writings, which appear to be replete with deep and mysterious symbolism, such as earthquake, Easter, and air mattress. Your messages will be interpreted by future followers for generations.

    Before you become horrified and contemplate moving to another website that doesn't imply that your friends and family are cultish "followers" who study your writings, think about what I have to compare them to. My grandfather (your father) tried to convince me when I was 10 that I should chew Copenhagen chewing tobacco, which he claimed to have the protein of soybean. This was one of probably five men in history who purchased an AMC Pacer to replace an AMC Gremlin. With that kind of guidance, virtually anything that you say or write will undoubtedly be an improvement; so, the pressure is off.

    Hope you are finding the time to laugh a little. I'll see you soon enough. Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. If you are in need of proof that God has a sense of humor, please note that either Google or your website required me to use a word verification system in order to post my last comment. The word that I was forced to copy was "sht chp", which sounds a lot like a more literal form of "cow chip".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mr. Smarty Pants JRead - Please remember that the AMC Gremlin in question was not a MERE Gremlin, but a "Levi" Gremlin all upholstered with denim. This fact changes everything, right? The man was a genius. I rest my case.

    -Your Unk

    ReplyDelete