Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Oh, and, one more thing/ un'altra cosa

My primary doctor said today that he expects me to be around for a long time.  I assume he's not just being a Pollyanna.  For one thing, he's Iranian/American and doesn't have long blonde hair.  And for another, would he say that just to be nice, with the risk of my suing him if I die?  Those posthumous legal actions are particularly annoying to doctors.  I think the pictures are convincing.  These are not the same person!


Il mio medico principale m'ha detto oggi che lui s'aspetta che io saro' in giro per un lungo periodo.  Non credo che lui sta facendo la Pollyanna.  E' iraniano-americano e non ha le lunghe trecce bionde.  E poi, direbbe una cosa del genere soltanto per rendersi simpatico, con tutto il rischio che io gli faccia una causa se muoio?  Questi azioni legali postume sono particolarmente noiose per i medici.  Penso che queste foto sono convincenti.  Queste non sono le stesse persone!

6 comments:

  1. I have meant *yay* more!
    What's the Italian for that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe my niece Sara can answer. Upla?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY? I've never used this word...
    But I think that maybe could be translated in:
    "BRAVO!"
    or
    "Sì sì sì!"
    or
    "GIUSTO!"

    Dan, do you think it is right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Bravo, Si si si - all of it! I'm very glad to hear it and so glad that your always incredible sense of humor remains intact. Mike and I send lots and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Correction: never meant it more.
    So does this mean you can eat cake and cookies again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this blog is supposed to be about you, but I want to announce that I finished our taxes and sent them off electronically at 11:45 p.m., minutes to spare.

    ReplyDelete