It seems that whenever I think of writing I am assailed by every possible or imaginable cliche ever known. It's a jungle to hack through, and I know I am not alone in the struggle. But some days the machete is sharper than others. My apologies for the dumb dud days.
Pare che ogni volta che penso a scrivere sono affogato da tutti i cliche possibili o imaginibili. E' una giungla da tagliare a pezzi per farsi una via, e so che non sono solo nel tentato. Ma certi giorni il machete e' piu' tagliente. Mi scusate per i giorni scemi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I, for one, am not all that bothered by clichés. After all, they become clichés by being particularly apt or evocative. Besides, one doesn't always want to expend the effort to contemplate and comprehend the novel. There are some mornings when I insist that Tom not start new conversations, that he merely continue old ones or, even better, repeat conversations already completed. There is comfort in the familiar.
ReplyDeleteI don't see one dumb dud. I see someone walking on something there's supposed to be none of in this blog.
ReplyDelete