The oncologist had a different spin on the results of the brain scan (MRI) than I did. There are 3 fewer tumors than before the radiation and the ones that are left are all smaller or unchanged in size compared to before. For the doc, this is what we are aiming for. Ideally, they would all go away, but as in other diseases of this nature, it's great if you can get stability. Furthermore, there is much hope in the chemo using ipilimumab, which I will start May 18. A large percentage of patients respond well to it, and the side effects are much less than in other chemos.
Good Weekend!
L'oncologo ha un'interpretazione diversa dalla mia sui risultati dello scan del cervello. Ci sono 3 tumori in meno rispetto a prima dell' intervento radiografo, e sono tutti o piu' piccoli oppure non cambiati in grandezza. Per il dottore, e' meraviglioso se si riesce a trovare la stabilita'. E poi, dopo c'e' speranza nel chemo che si chiama ipilimumab, che comminciero' il 18 Maggio. Un alta percentuale dei pazienti rispondono bene e ci sono meno effetti cattivi rispetto ad altre possibilita'.
Che abbiate un buon weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

***!!!YAY!!!***
ReplyDeletePHEW, I guess the old "baby steps" metaphor applies (even though I'm not sure I know the exact framework of that metaphor)...This should, indeed, be a celebratory weekend!
ReplyDeleteTrevlig helg på dig själv (Un buon week-end anche a te)!
ReplyDeleteDitto Judy's comment. Sending love to you both and a pet to the mercurial Lulu.
ReplyDeleteThere may be a ways yet to go - but this is fantastic news! As Theresa said, I hope you had a celebratory weekend. Wanted to send my love your way (in case it helps). :) Big Hugs!
ReplyDelete