After such news does one duck and cover or merely splay and pray?
Either way, who is going to show mercy?
I've got worse news: no one. No one in power, anyway. That's right.
That bright light everyone talks about?
It's just some guy showing you the way out
and he wants to make sure you're not sneaking anything
yet he does not particularly care. Minimum wage, you see,
like ticket takers in a movie theater.
Now look in the rear view mirror
at what a mess you've left
Oh, forget it - it is always and ever a mess
and could not be otherwise. Let it go.
They have people for that who will be pleased as punch
to go through your stuff and grab the best of it
Ebay here we come.
Instead, look ahead. You're not there yet.
You've got time wherein things may get better
and even if it all just stays the same
it's quite good. Look first to these beautiful friends
the expressions of their care
and the mad complexity
of their wildly tangled pursuits,
desires, attempts. Their own longings,
struggles, pains. And their heroic accomplishments,
their triumphs: little ones near to home, big ones in the big world.
"Cease and desist" is the only cocktail that will get me out of the
Whitmanesque mess that these lines are threatening to become -
right on the verge of becoming a shopping list for a spree
at the House of Grand Adjectives and Noble Intentions -
so I'll leave you now before I die of cringing, as if anything mattered.
[note: the above jumble is in reaction to the results of the latest brain scan which shows great progress in diminishing the size and impact of the tumors that are there. I had hopes for a clean sweep, a complete destruction of those little buggers. So I'm feeling disappointed, knowing that the battle there must continue. But I have only read the report myself, without the aid of my doctor to give me an accurate picture of what's going on. I have a consultation at noon today and will post the outcome ASAP this afternoon. Apart from that punch to the morale, I'm doing quite well - almost pain free and getting energy back]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Splay and pray! I like that very much. I shall use it in future (without attribution, of course).
ReplyDelete