Friday, May 7, 2010

Preparing for an imaginary memorial tea breakfast

Partial days love incomplete numbers
And just
Just partial
and just so.

The needle is blind
Well, look -
The so-called eye
is in the wrong place
It is in the wrong place

We'll need more space
Don't you agree?
Please do
As consensus would be nice
Don't you agree?
I thought you would
Thank you.

It's always nice to get this done in
the most economical way
No finery and no excess of tears
Thought is your best bet
Being deep and cheap
and easily accomplished as
you complete other tasks

Perfunctory and unfeeling you say
Well here I am objecting
These are uneasy times
and after all
it's all about me.

I'm sorry you're wounded
but do well to remember
I'm half Scottish
So are you
Get over it
as the world
gets over you.

3 comments:

  1. Je savais pas que tu étais poète! Sweet!
    So many talents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For each of us, our world never gets over us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely lots of space (but not for a while).

    ReplyDelete